Re: GNOME 3 status update

On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 16:15 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Evolution-Data-Server must be migrated to D-Bus by default
> NOT COMPLETED. Evolution schedule currently discussed.
> Git branch at
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/evolution-data-server/log/?h=dbus

dbus-hybrid e-d-s branch has fresh addressbook port for eds using dbus.
Ross had pushed that yesterday. It should move us ~50% closer towards
the target, with Calendar needs to be worked upon. We are working at
reviewing/testing the addressbook/dbus port and driving towards the
calendar stuff.

> Evolution to get rid of Bonobo by 2.27.3
> NOT COMPLETED and postponed for 2.29.1.
>
> See http://www.go-evolution.org/KillBonobo .
> Git branch at http://git.gnome.org/cgit/evolution/log/?h=kill-bonobo
> Testing and reporting bugs is HIGHLY welcome. See
> http://mbarnes.livejournal.com/2606.html

I really want the KB to be part of 2.27.x cycle, given the volume of
changes and the impact it could create. Longer testing cycle would imply
a stable Evolution 3.0. And so I'm preparing a proposal for this. Things
should be more clear in a week's time, I guess.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2009-June/msg00018.html

-Srini.