Re: GNOME 3 cleanup status update

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 20:50 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
>       * We have gconf-dbus in the Mobile set, but it looks dead, plus
>         gconf itself has much better stats. So is this officially
> dead?

I've a repo on github[1] which has started merging all of the recent
changes to GConf, with the aim of making it equivalent to the current
GConf.  This isn't quite complete but it's been making good progress.

If I were braver I'd propose swapping gconf for gconf-dbus as part of
GNOME 3, for apps which don't switch to GSettings.

Ross

[1] git github com:rossburton/gconf-dbus.git
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com