Re: Qt as acceptable GNOME dependency

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Stefan Kost<ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> adel schrieb:
>> hey
>>
>> now Qt can be plugged into the Glib main loop and uses GTK+ for
>> drawing, if I respected HIG and used GNOME API, can my Qt application
>> be consider a GNOME application or even be part of default GNOME
>> stack?
>>
>> - adel
>
> I think we should work on interoperability, so that also qt based apps integrate
> well on a gnome desktop. Still I would not call it a gnome app if its build on
> qt. I am just a bit worries that steps like this would blur the whole platform idea.
>
> Stefan

I think we should think more seriously about this platform idea, while
I picked Qt mainly because of recent (mobile) events, what really was
on my mind is java applications, Eclipse's SWT is more or less has the
same position as Qt, and I understood java UI toolkits from SUN
started to use GTK+ to render instead of emulating themes, actually I
do not see much different between those and GTK# --- those are just
another abstract layers that easiest my GNOME development