Re: krb5-auth-dialog proposal

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:33:04PM +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> 346 translatable strings now, compared to 637. Way better. Thanks!
<bean counting>
...now 336. There were some properties in GtkSecureEntry that don't need
translation
</bean counting>

> But having no experience with KRB5/such auth stuff at all, I still
> wonder how strings like "Policy rejects transited path" or
> "Inappropriate type of checksum in message" are helpful to an average
> user. What exactly am I (probably a user whose computer has been set up
> to use krb5) expected to do here when getting such an error message?
All the error messages I've seen so far to seem to come from
krb5_err.et:krb5:. Limiting the string extraction to this would reduce
the number of messages by 70 leaving 192 kerberos related error messages
to be translated - still too much.
Honestly, I'm not sure what to best do about it. Would be easiest if
kerberos itself would translate error messages.

> I still see big issues in translating stuff like "Ticket is ineligible
> for postdating" if you're a translator who is not technically into KRB5.
> Also, can you please add a comment to msgid "translator-credits"?
Done.
Cheers,
 -- Guido