Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:09:27AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mardi 06 janvier 2009 à 17:21 +0900, James Henstridge a écrit :
> > I'd hope that any DVCS would get a larger user base than current list
> > of active Subversion committers: anyone who contributes patches via
> > mailing lists or bugzilla could use a DVCS the same way as a core
> > developer.  The same could go for anyone who does distribution
> > packaging.
>
> That???s foolish. We are certainly not going to clone 208 repositories for
> all GNOME packages we maintain. Especially when the tools to manage
> Debian packages with DVCSes are still inferior to those we have for the
> current svn+tarball scheme.

Hmm, can't say i agree with that. I maintain Debian packages in SVN, git and
bzr. And i must say of those three systems i definately prefer git for
maintaining things. Maybe you should have another look at debians DVCS tools?

  Sjoerd
--
Paradise is exactly like where you are right now ... only much, much better.
		-- Laurie Anderson