Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 03:46 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> So, here is what I'm bringing to the table:  I'm volunteering to work
> with
> interested fd.o admins and other volunteers to switch GNOME to git.  I
> need to
> first go check to see if I can secure enough time to lead this, and if
> I can
> get enough peoples' attention to make this happen in a timely manner.
> I will
> make an official proposal when I figure those out.

Given the nature of the GNOME repositories, ie 1 repository per module,
and the fact that we have a list of "core" modules for the various
"suites", it could be useful to do this one by one using a few
volunteers project.

In that case I volunteer the one I maintain, namely "raw-thumbnailer"
and "niepce"[1] to switch them to git.
It would allow to have the infrastructure setup and tested while still
not blocking GNOME itself from its development pace.

Just my 2¢

Hub

[1] and for that last one, actually I'd love to fix its history as that
SVN export/import totally foobared it, long story short, because
subversion is deficient in disallowing import/export without shell
access.