Re: Seed 0.3

cc: epiphany-list

Hi Robert,

Op zaterdag 03-01-2009 om 22:59 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Robert
Carr:
> After much longer than intended, I'm happy to announce another release
> of Seed. ChangeLog below.
>
> Tarballs can be found at:
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/seed/0.3/ (Please use 0.3.1,
> 0.3 was botched)
> For those not aware, Seed is a library and standalone interpreter
> providing
> a bridge between GObject (through GObject-introspection)
> and WebKit's JavaScriptCore, and an API for providing
> additional types/embedding. It is suitable for writing standalone
> applications, or using as an extension language in your project.
>
> In short, it provides a set of bindings between the GNOME
> platform and JavaScript (a fast, and lean Javascript interpreter at
> that).

That sounds very cool!

Now, this leaves me wondering: could Seed help in porting Firefox
extensions to Epiphany/Webkit? Or maybe just make it easier to
interconnect web applications with GTK+ based applications? (And what
role could Epiphany play there?)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen