Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session

Ghee Teo wrote:
> Dan Winship wrote:
>> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds fine to me to change the wrong key name. But is the description
>>> factually true ? The last time I checked, gnome-session would not
>>> bring
>>> nautilus back when I killed it, until I added the autorestart key to
>>> the nautilus desktop file.
>>>

>> It's poorly-worded. It's supposed to mean "even if you remove nautilus
>> from your session, gnome-session will start it next time you log in
>> anyway".
>>
> You meant, nautilus will not restart itself before re-login itself. If
> it is, this is serious regression.

No, "gets restarted automatically if it exits" and "gets started when
you log in even if it's not part of the session" are completely
independent, and the problem was that the required-components key was
implying that it controlled the former, when actually it controls the
latter. ("Gets restarted when it exits" is controlled by the autorestart
key, as Matthias noted.)

-- Dan