Re: Enabling automake silent-rules by default
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Luis Medinas <lmedinas gnome org>
- Cc: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Enabling automake silent-rules by default
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:45:00 -0400
On 08/28/2009 02:41 PM, Luis Medinas wrote:
Yes i it exists already, so it will be a nice idea turning into a
offical goal for the next release. Any objection ?
Nice, but please no shave and no dolt.
- shave: deprecated by automake silent rules
- dolt: mostly deprecated by libtool 2.2 
 In our measurements on cairo, libtool 2.2 was still slower than dolt, but
by a much narrower margin than libtool 1.5. So, I strongly recommend against
adding dolt if you don't have it already. I'll remove it from cairo one of
these days. It's a 20-line shell script, but I had to fix two bugs in it with
bash 2.x. Gotta love autotools, generates 50000 lines of portable shell
script per project.
] [Thread Prev