Enabling automake silent-rules by default

Hi,

Many modules have already been adding support for automake silent rules, but turned off by default.

I just pushed changes to pango and vte to enable silent rules by default. That's a much saner default, and allows catching warnings easily. I like to suggest everyone does the same.

You just need to add this line to configure.ac after AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE:

m4_ifdef([AM_SILENT_RULES],[AM_SILENT_RULES([yes])])

That does most of the job. For custom make rules, you need to add $(AM_V_GEN) to the beginning of the rule. Read this for details:

  http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/automake/silent.html

Cheers,
behdad