Re: git commit messages

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Frédéric (fredp) is suggesting to also propose a standard scheme to
> reference bugs that are fixed by a commit (so we can script things if
> it's needed one day -- that's similar to what Debian does).
>
> Something like "Closes: #123456" or "Fixes: #123456".
>
> This should probably live in the longer explanation since the short
> explanation is limited in size...
>
> (Then we can also reference other bug trackers when needed: bnc#12345,
> rh#12345, lp#12345, etc.)

 That would be excellent, thanks!  However please consider using:
    GNOME #1234
 one issue with the Debian closes: is that it doesn't indicate Debian,
 which is why Nokia, Ubuntu etc. all use different prefixes to refer to
 their bugs.  Using "GNOME #1234" would allow terminals to link to
 bugzilla.gnome.org directly for instance.

--
Loïc Minier