Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog

On 04/19/2009 11:34 AM, Dan Winship wrote:
Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Cons:

   - Have to modify autogen.sh to create an empty ChangeLog, or pass the
"foreign" flag to automake

We really ought to be passing "foreign" anyway. No one benefits from
having people be forced to create 0-length README files. (And if we want
to say "but people should have useful README files", then we should
create our own "GNOME module standards" rather than accidentally picking
up the GNU ones, and then we should actually enforce them.)

I actually like the GNU standards. A one-line README is much better than no README. The only bit that has become really limiting is warning on non-portable Makefile's.

behdad

-- Dan