Re: git and jhbuildrc

Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:

> was wondering if you have had any chance to find out how to tell
> jhbuild (via jhbuildrc) to build an especific branch/tag of your
> project.

For Subversion everything was a path, so it was subverted to have
the /branches/ configuration option, and when the git module was
written, it was just copied as is, while it doesn't match the model,
so you can do branches['gnome-common'] = 'gnome-panel', and now
it will build gnome-panel when you want gnome-common, isn't it
fantastic ?

On a serious note, please do file a bug report against jhbuild,
I may not have time this weekend but someone else may.

> Also, it seems to me that gnome-common is missing some files(?), at
> least comparing:
>  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-common/trunk/
> with:
>   http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gnome-common/tree/
>
> some files like gnome-common.spec.in are missing, which makes it FTBFS here.

I already reported this on gnome-infrastructure@
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-infrastructure/2009-April/msg00076.html

Cheers,
        Frederic