Re: Planning for GNOME 3.0

Am Donnerstag, den 09.04.2009, 19:56 -0700 schrieb Dave Neary:
> I also noted this line at the top of Andre's (now public) wiki page on
> 2.99 release plans at http://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/299: "Schedule
> draft (non-public only to avoid bike shed discussions)".
>
> This echos something that was said some time ago by the authors of the
> slab, as a justification for working on it behind closed doors &
> releasing it only when finished, and I don't think it's a valid reason
> for going behind closed doors.

This is not at all about "releasing it when it's finished".
It's about "releasing it when it's in a state that is worth to discuss".
There's been always either "draft" or "proposal" in the headings, for a
good reason.

And it's NOT about working behind closed doors.
I simply don't want to pollute d-d-l with something in a VERY early
stage.
Sure, we could have discussed every of my approx. 70
not-even-alpha-status iterations of the roadmap (see the history
function of the wiki) before I made it available for public discussion
&& called this officially a "draft", but I really had better stuff to do
than discussing playgrounds.

Cheers,
andre
--