Re: dconf

Ryan Lortie schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>>> Schemas are nice, IMHO, so it'd be nice to have people (not necessarily
>>> you) explore this problem space ;-)
>>
>> s/nice/essential/
>
> It is true that dconf has no schemas, and I don't want for it to have
> schemas.  GSettings contains schemas.  These schemas are considered to
> be part of the application (in the same sense that you would consider a
> GtkBuilder file, for example) and therefore do not appear in any way in
> the underlying settings database (that's dconf).
>
> Don't worry -- I'm not totally insane :)
>
> Cheers

There is a project GConfCleaner somewhere out there that scans gconf and offers
to purge all keys not associated with a schema - quite dangerous as there are
many apps unfortunately that do not install a schema. Because of that I would
even like to see schema being enforced. Thats one way to keep the database size
under control. Database size might matter less on the desktop, but I am thinking
about mobile devices here and there is does for sure.

Or do you have some different idea to detect unused keys (maybe atime, mtime and
ctieme attributes)?

Stefan