Re: dconf

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
But that still doesn't solve the problem of using the same key from two totally different applications, which is not quite uncommon these days.
Say, font size, colors, default applications, etc.  How does that work?

Some library or service or core component would be responsible for installing the schema for these things. The schemas are name-spaced like 'org.gnome.whatever', and installed in a central location, so applications can easily use schemas provided by other libraries.

I guess this violates the strict idea of 'part of the application' per se. What I meant by that is to say 'definitely not part of the database'.

Cheers