libgnome(ui) must die - missing bits and pieces

Once again I'd like to ask developers to list the missing bits and
pieces required for getting rid of libgnome(ui) dependencies in their
applications at

to have a central place for getting an overview and to share advice,
knowledge, solutions, workarounds.

I've added a "Missing bits" section to that wikipage and added a few
examples. It might make more sense to add such stuff to the specific
sections on that wikipage though, but I needed a place to start.
Feel free to improve, add, update, change.

 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed  |