Re: Planning for GNOME 3.0

2009/4/2 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
>  - include new exciting technologies that we're starting to see used in
>   our desktop. Some obvious examples are 3D effects (with Clutter) and
>   geolocalization (with GeoClue and libchamplain).

Thanks for mentionning libchamplain. Just in case anyone never heard of it:
http://projects.gnome.org/libchamplain/
A proposed widget to display maps in your applications.

Geoclue: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/GeoClue
A modular geoinformation service to make creating location-aware
applications as simple as possible.

With Geoclue, get your position and convert addresses into positions,
with libchamplain display that information!

Pierre-Luc