Re: GSD should not housekeep the thumbnails

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 11:34 +0200, Stephane Delcroix wrote:

> Since 2.23.1, gnome-settings-daemon contains a housekeeping plugin that
> clean the .thumbnails. Even if it looks fair, it really makes the F-spot
> usage awful to the point it's basically unusable.

A semi-related point:

JPEG loading with libjpeg is currently really slow (the benchmark being
Photoshop, which is really goddamn fast for JPEGs).

We could totally use some liboil/profiling ninjas to work on libjpeg to
make it faster.  Then, maybe thumbnailing on-the-fly wouldn't be
painful.

  Federico