Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?

2008/9/5 Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>:
> Le jeudi 04 septembre 2008 à 15:50 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki a écrit :
>> * The new gdm uses gnome-session to launch necessary stuff so we get
>> all kind a11y tools support, power management (which is *very*
>> important to mobile users) and all the stuff you can think of and
>> write a .desktop file for.
> How does it cope with other (non-GNOME) session managers?

gnome-session is invoked using a special mode, it brings a special
session crafted for GDM (using a different autostart path). This
should not collide with other sessions (as it is a separate process
from your regular user's session) and I can't see why it would affect
other *DMs.

--
Patryk Zawadzki