Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- From: "Colin Walters" <walters verbum org>
- To: "Alberto Ruiz" <aruiz gnome org>
- Cc: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>, Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:18:26 -0400
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:
> In terminal server deployments, the gdm configuration is not trivial
> to setup, it usually requires tweaking the text file directly to get
> where you want. I consider having no migration path and no UI tool a
> huge regression.
Personally I think we should be pushing admins towards things like
preconfigured terminal server images or puppet configuration. In any
case our story on graphical admin tools in general is not very good,
not having gdmsetup doesn't seem like it's going to make a big
] [Thread Prev