Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GDM version used for GNOME 2.24?
- Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:57:32 -0500
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 09:45 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > According to what I'm reading in those links, I'd say
> > it's not ready yet. No configuration migration plus
> > no graphical configuration? I mean, configuration
> > migration is *most* important on the first release.
> > We have a six-month release cycle for a reason. Let's
> > wait. In six months, we can make a release that makes
> > people say "Wow", instead of releasing now and making
> > people say "WTF".
> As long as the people who scream 'regression' are not jumping to help
> fix those regressions they care about, its not going to look much
> different in 6 months...
Sorry, I was under the impression that the maintainers
were actively working on these things, and that they
just didn't have time to get it all in before 2.24.
Is there seriously nobody working on these things?
If a ground-up rewrite is already unmaintained, I'd
drop it like a hot potato.
] [Thread Prev