Re: Prototyping the next generation panel?

Hi Calum,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:

> How about we start as we hopefully mean to go on, by usability testing
> mockups of some alternative shell/panel designs first, to figure out if
> we're heading off in roughly the right direction before we even think about
> committing anything to code?  (If those initial investigations have already
> been done, can we see the results somewhere?)

See:
http://live.gnome.org/Boston2008/GUIHackfest/WindowManagementAndMore

Our goal in the near future is to do some early prototyping and finish
work on underlying infrastructure, hopefully get to the point where we
can iterate and get "functioning mockups" in front of designers and
usability experts.