Re: DVCS

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:10 +0000, John Carr wrote:
>> [...]
>> bkor isnt the only sysadmin, but who are the others and how much do
>> they do.. the whole sysadmin process is not very transparent.
>> Shouldn't it be? I would *love* to help out the sysadmins, maybe even
>> offer them some of my time. Where is it documented on how to be
>> considered as a sysadmin? Even a junior sysadmin that can just set up
>> mailing lists and do svn imports... I hang around #sysadmin but there
>> is only so much i can suggest people try before i have to leave them
>> to the irc gods....
>
> http://sysadmin.gnome.org/helping.html
>
> --
> Germán Póo-Caamaño
> Concepción - Chile
> http://www.gnome.org/~gpoo/

Thanks for that, embarrassed  i missed it. i'll sign up to
gnome-infrastructure and start pimping myself post haste. I might
suggest my first job as fixing that page...

"Implementation of new systems (LDAP user directory, better CVS
mirroring system, ssh based CVS access are some of the current
projects.)"...

New CVS systems for GNOME! Weeee, take that Git :P

John