Re: DVCS

Ysgrifennodd Zeeshan Ali Khattak:
> Hi everyone!
>   I remember that at GUADEC, we were seriously thinking about
> migrating to git but the decision was postponed on Mark Shuttleworth's
> request. It's been some months since that and we are still stuck with
> SVN. AFAIK both git and bazaar have very strong supporters in our
> community so the only way I see out of this is:

I don't think it's a secret that I like one over the other, but I'd
rather either of them than sticking with svn.

> 2. Assuming that we get volunteers for both the repository types, we
> simply vote amongst the top 50 contributers (i myself most probably
> don't count :))

Why 50?  Can't we canvass the whole Foundation?

>   Lets not turn this into yet another bazaar vs. git war cause we
> already had plenty of that and nothing good comes out of that.

Well said.

Thomas

--
Thomas Thurman, tthurman at gnome, http://blogs.gnome.org/tthurman
"A bearded pirate appears, catches sight of the dwarf and runs away.