Re: libunique external dependency for 2.25?

Le vendredi 03 octobre 2008 à 14:29 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> The alternative is to ship a constantly api/abi changing library,
> which means you'll either have to constantly patch apps to work with
> the version you ship or you end up shipping multiple versions of the
> library. Which brings you back to having to fix stuff in multple
> places...

If at least all packages of a single GNOME release used the same
version, that would simplify a lot of things. This would also encourage
a lot other applications to synchronize their private copy with the
version you ship or to start using it. Bonus points would get to
libraries shipping a document explaining how to port applications to the
new API when non-trivial.

In the end, even if we ship several versions, we will know where copies
are. Currently we simply have no idea.

--
 .''`.