Re: Proposal for GNOME Goal: msgctxt migration

On 11/22/08, Changwoo Ryu <cwryu debian org> wrote:
> 2008-11-18 (화), 17:27 +0100, Christian Rose:
>  > Quite some people already are implementing this goal.
>  >
>  > http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/MsgctxtMigration
>
> In the status table, currently only Gtk+ trunk (2.16) was migrated. And
>  IIRC Gtk+ 2.16 is not expected on GNOME 2.26 release.
>
>  The gtk-2-14 branch needs to be migrated?

IMO the desktop could implement this goal first, and the platform may
move at its own pace. The important thing is to get the ball rolling.

Backporting this to gtk-2-14 would possibly alternate dependencies in
a stable branch and I'm not sure that would be a good thing.

Christian