RE: how gnome panel handle submenu and app's show/non-show information?

>> Hi
>>
>> My system is ubuntu 8.04
>> I check the /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu, I can see that not all the
>submenu is actually show in the gnome-panel
>> But where does these show/hide information stores? And I don't see in the
>desktop file spec or menu spec about this. Where can I find documents on it?
>
>This is in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME and $XDG_DATA_HOME (see
>http://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html
>)
>
>It's explained at the beginning of the menu specification ("File
>locations").
>
>Vincent

Yes , I did read the spec and check these env path. I do not got them , so it's default to ~/.config and /usr/share

But Yesterday I am really puzzled by why some submenu is not shown in gnome-panel and some did. I could not find any difference in them with ther menu item.

OK , I check it again. I understand now, if all the desktop entries belong to this menu have the key nodisplay=TRUE , the menu itself will not be displayed as well.

Thanks

Raymond