Re: Proposed external dependency: WebKit/GTK+

Frederic Peters wrote:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2008-August/msg00001.html

 + WebKit/GTK+ (external dependency):
   - lots of community support
   - accessibility support might not be good enough (no reply from
     WebKit/GTK+ people)
   - epiphany will still use Gecko for 2.24
   - yelp is still using Gecko at the moment (there's a WebKit branch)
   - devhelp trunk is WebKit-only
   - evolution people intend to use WebKit in 2.26
   - we'd prefer to avoid depending on both Gecko and WebKit at the same
     time
   => rejected for 2.24, but we'll propose a general switch for 2.26

Ah, thanks. I'll keep hacking away in trunk and hope we can ship that for 2.26 then (and fall back to the old branch again if not).

/Richard

--
Imendio AB - Expert solutions in GTK+
http://www.imendio.com