Re: Proposed external dep: PolicyKit

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Matthias Clasen
>  <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>  >  Actually, the patches are using PolicyKit-gnome, too. If we allow
>  >  dependencies on PolicyKit, we should allow PolicyKit-gnome, too, since
>  >  it makes it very easy to write UIs that trigger privileged operations
>  >  and handle all aspects of PolicyKit integration correctly.
>
>  Or even pull PK-gnome into desktop. Are there any portability or
>  licensing problems?

No, there are no such problems. It is just not quite done yet; David
is on record as saying that he'd finalize the required additions to
PolicyKit in the near future, not sure if that has direct consequences
in PolicyKit-gnome. But it might make sense to wait with pulling it
into desktop until it reaches 1.0.