Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

> > It is not a problem of freedom but a problem of license compatibility.
> >  LGPLv2-only is NOT compatible with v3.
> >
> >  Let's not make mistakes and anticipate. The move to (L)GPLv3 is
> >  unavoidable, even though it is not instant.
>
> Then it's not an issue; it's a preference.
>
> Are you going to threathen existing LGPLv2 projects to remove them from GNOME?

There is no threat. Why do people have to be so agressive when we start
talking license? It is merely my only opinion. Remember, I have NO power
(and don't pretend to have any). But opinions have been requested and I
gave mine. Note that I was talking LGPLv2-only not LGPLv2-or-later which
is used in most case. That's the "-only" part which is a problem. Now if
you all find that it is not a problem, I wish you good luck. That'll
just encourage me to relicense my own code to v3 faster :-)

It IS an issue. Xavier has exposed a solution which seems to be
satisfactory and that is by far easier than getting the original authors
to re-license (I have my theory about the license choice, but I'll keep
it to myself).

Hub