Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 09:26 -0400, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> libmissioncontrol is LGPLv2 only. This is a problem as it prevent Gnome
> to ever move to (L)GPLv3.

So what?

LGPLv2 is Free Software. That is sufficient in our view. Even more so
because we are talking about the LGPL here.

There is nothing in any Linux distro social's contract or GNOME
statement of purpose that says "and we have to release our code in a way
that is not only Free Software but which can also be relicenced against
our wishes in the future" that I've ever read.

We are more than happy to see libmissioncontrol as used by Empathy in
GNOME.

+1

AfC
Sydney