Any proposal for a small HCI-related university project?

Hi all, I'm new to the list.
I've been asked to do a small project for a Human-Computer Interaction
university course, and while I could easily write some throw-away code
just to make the professors happy, I will gladly make something which
can be of real use to the community.
I have about two weeks of time for completing the project, but given I
can focus almost exclusively one the user interface I should be able
to do reasonable amount of work.
In addition, once I'm done with the exams for this trimester I could
continue to work on the project, if needed.
Thanks for your attention,

Luca Vezzaro