RE: Should GNOME apps support a --geometry option?

> [...] I can't see how users (and sysadmins for default
> and mandatory values) can have any interest to set window geometry.

One thing I know for certain - the users I support are adamant about
requiring the ability to set the window size, screen location,
background and foreground colors, workspace, etc. of multiple
simultaneous occurances of an application. That functionality is a "deal
breaker" for an application - if the application won't save such
information and they can't set such information on the command line,
then they will fight use of the application - editing default resource
files is really tough to sell, and an application which provides no such
functionality is just unacceptable.