Re: Proposal: enable accessibility by default for GNOME
- From: "Fernando Herrera" <fherrera onirica com>
- To: "Willie Walker" <William Walker sun com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposal: enable accessibility by default for GNOME
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:52:37 +0200
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Willie Walker <William Walker sun com> wrote:
> PRIMARY ARGUMENTS FOR ENABLING A11Y BY DEFAULT:
> 2) The a11y infrastructure can be used for more things than just a11y.
> Consider, for example, an on screen keyboard for devices w/o physical
I'd add scripting features here.
With python dogtail bindings is quick and easy to write powerful
scripts for your desktop. This is not an end-user feature at all, but
is not an advanced-hacker-only one. So not having a11y enabled by
default limits scripts creating/deployment to those users that enable
a11y themselves and write their own scripts.
Having a11y enabled by default would allow people to write and
distribute those scripts for normal users.
] [Thread Prev