Re: Proposed module: conduit

John Carr <john.carr <at> unrouted.co.uk> writes:

> > Also, shouldn't this be integrated into particular applications?
> > Shouldn't Evolution have a sync menu item, replacing it's current awful
> > gnome-pilot synchronization feature.
>

> Personally, I want to plug in my device and have my desktop say "hey, wanna
>sync this?". The next time I plug it in, i just want it to sync. If i leave it
>plugged in, I want things to sync in response to change events in the
>applications we are syncing.John

Is that possible with bluetooth devices? For local sync i assume (well it's pure
guessing) that bluetooth would be the major use case.

If it's GUI button+bluetooth vs. physical insertion+auto detection, i actually
prefer a button. I really don't think it's horrible to have a sync button,
especially when cool wireless hardware saves me from the annnoying cable.

With bluetooth, the 'always on case' consumes power on two portable devices
(laptop+phone)?

Ofcourse my point of view is based on my (possible) use of conduit ;). That's
calendar and contacts.