Re: Name vs GenericName (again)

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
In GNOME, we generally only use Name. Which mean gedit appears as "Text
Editor" and Totem as "Movie Player". Makes a lot of sense to me.

What is the downside to just always displaying "gedit Text Editor" and "Totem Movie Player"? I think that may be the simplest way to avoid confusion (by keeping application names constant), and avoiding any extra naming logic.

Thanks,
-Damien