Re: Name vs GenericName (again)

> > This way, we'll have "Movie Player" when only totem is installed, and
> > "Totem Movie Player" and "VLC Movie Player" when totem and vnc are
> > installed.
>
> Methodology seems absolutely sound :)

As a long-term but fairly "shallow" GNOME user I'd love this.  Because
there are so many apps that can do the same job, I tend to install
each of them, try 'em out over a week or so then remove all but one.
So once that's done I don't care about the difference between e.g.
blogtk and drivel -- I just want "Blog Editor".

+1 from me *grin*