Re: thinking about our existing users

Le mardi 08 juillet 2008, à 17:27 -0500, Travis Watkins a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > I'm a bit surprised that it breaks menu editing, though. Or does it
> > "only" break stuff as in "users apparently lose their changes" (which is
> > still bad)?
> >

> The per-user changes to the menu itself will be lost if you change the
> filename and the contents will be lost if you change the actual name
> of the menu (not the display name). Actually, worse than that, I think
> the users will get the new stuff and parts of their changes next to it
> if you changed the names.

Are you talking about .menu files or .directory files here?

As far as I can tell, the issue is with display names of "submenus" (ie,
.directory files) for which user changes are lost. I'd like to know
about the other issues.

(or maybe I'm not understanding your mail because I just woke up, but a
clarification would still help me :-))

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.