Re: thinking about our existing users

Hi Matthias,

Le mardi 08 juillet 2008, à 14:33 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> I just noticed that half the directory files in gnome-menus got
> renamed for superficial reasons this cycle.
> That needlessly breaks menu-editing for existing installations. Please
> keep our existing users (and distributions) in mind while doing this
> kind of stuff.

Hrm, that's bad indeed. I can revert that, although it's a bit more
difficult than it seems (because of potential file conflict with other
desktops, and the new names should make those conflicts less

I'm a bit surprised that it breaks menu editing, though. Or does it
"only" break stuff as in "users apparently lose their changes" (which is
still bad)?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.