Re: GNOME 2.24 module inclusion discussion heats up

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 14:08 +0100, Alexander Jones wrote:
> 2008/7/6 Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>:
> > Please remember that GIMP is not a GNOME application. Also I don't know
> > any GNOME application that would have context-sensitive help similar to
> > what GIMP provides.
> >
> > We considered to allow GNOME users to use yelp as the help browser for
> > GIMP, but last time I checked yelp did not provide the features we need
> > (namely telling a running instance of the help browser to jump to a
> > certain topic).
>
> We could use context-sensitive help in other applications too... If
> Yelp is so hopelessly incapable then we should all be moving on
> together, regardless of whether GIMP is a GNOME application by breed
> or not.

I've spoken to some of the GIMP help system guys before,
and I have a fairly clear concept of what GIMP needs from
Yelp.  There are plans underway, but I've been busy with
life and such, and Don is busy picking up the maintenance
slack I leave laying around.

The reason Yelp isn't yet doing what it needs to do is
that there aren't enough people working on it.  If people
don't want to work on Yelp, what makes you think you're
going to find people to work on some replacement?

--
Shaun