Re: GNOME 2.24 module inclusion discussion heats up
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Alexander Jones <alex weej com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.24 module inclusion discussion heats up
- Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:53:24 +0200
On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 16:19 +0100, Alexander Jones wrote:
> 2008/7/5 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
> > There's a webkit port for yelp. Available either as a patch or in a
> > branch, I don't remember.
> I'm just confused as to why GIMP has its own help system.
Please remember that GIMP is not a GNOME application. Also I don't know
any GNOME application that would have context-sensitive help similar to
what GIMP provides.
We considered to allow GNOME users to use yelp as the help browser for
GIMP, but last time I checked yelp did not provide the features we need
(namely telling a running instance of the help browser to jump to a
] [Thread Prev