Re: Need input from the translators for anjuta

Hi,

El lun, 07-01-2008 a las 18:14 +0100, Olav Vitters escribió:
> >   - good documentation
> >   - really hard to translate, and many strings could be improved
> >   - proposal to create an incubation suite and to put anjuta there until
> >     there's a clear consensus on the fact that it's ready. Some people
> >     don't like the idea.
While translating Anjuta I found some strings difficult, fortunately
opening bugs in bugzilla solved some of the problems. However I do not
code, so sometimes I've to ask spanish developers in order to get a
translation (that doesn't mean I get a good one). On the other hand,
part of the documentation is out of date, I guess is not a big problem
since most of the documentation for the proposed modules is not even
half-written.

> I'd like some comments from the translators regarding the possible
> difficulty in translating Anjuta (and the modules it depends upon, gdl
> and gnome-build).
The biggest problem while translating this kind of software into
Spanish, is that hackers are so used to English terms, so perhaps some
translations sound really stupid. This includes gnome-build at least.

Cheers.
--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org