Re: help sanity check the release notes

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 20:28 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Why not using camera:// ?

Because it might conflict with another camera gvfs backend we might want
to add in the future?

> And you could aslo add support for Mass Storage camera at the same time
> so that it be unified. Two way to do that: just "rebind" the mounted
> device or use the disk: driver in gphoto2.

Why would we ever want to do that? It would dog slow and the gphoto2 API
is a bit craptastic; you can't do partial reads etc. etc. Besides, Mass
storage cameras already work very well using the kernel mass storage
drivers.

> Note that we had a FUSE filesystem for a while, so it feels like NIH
> again and again.

POSIX is a really poor API for abstracting file systems; there's a
reason we have gvfs and didn't wrap FUSE. See Alex's notes on this for
more information.

       David