Re: GNOME's testing strategy for GUIs

"In app" was the wrong phrase actually but you know what I mean :)

David Bolter wrote:
To add some worms... there are also the in app GUI testing frameworks, such as Windmill and Selenium (for browsers).

cheers,
David

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi All:

I might be opening a big can of worms with this question, and I apologize if someone is already working in this space and I just don't know it.

What is the automated testing strategy for GUIs in GNOME? Is there a well defined way to create a 'make test' target and have it do the right thing?

I know of LDTP and Dogtail, and the build brigade folks were trying something at one time. Orca has its regression test harness as well. But, I know of no unifying test strategy for GNOME. Are people working in this space? If not, does the community have an interest in seeing something like this emerge?

Will