Re: GNOME's testing strategy for GUIs

Hi Will,

* We have the recording framework using pyatspi / orca-atspi. So, this works on older systems (GNOME >= 2.14) too, where orca-atspi worked. With this, Evolution QA team was able to automate more than 100 different test cases and they are using it in their local testing environment.
* Currently the LDTP team is working on OO LDTP, which many users have requested.
* LDTP API manual is available online. It has more than 150 ready to use API.
* LDTP tutorial is available online to start with automation.
* As part of Google Summer of Code 2006, under GNOME project, Prashanth Mohan developed LDTP scripts and delivered them to GNOME.
* As part of Google Summer of Code 2007, under Mozilla project, Hari Shankar developed LDTP scripts and delivered them to Mozilla.
* As part of GHOP 2007, Joshua developed LDTP scripts and delivered to GNOME community.

LDTP team is ready to implement what ever the features required by GNOME community.

Thanks
Nagappan