Re: 2.26 will use GTK+ 2.16

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo
<diegoe gnome org> wrote:
> On 12/22/08, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>> Hello beloved hackers!
>>
>>  The GTK+ team decided for a short 2.16 cycle, so it can already be
>>  used for GNOME 2.26; this is great news and something many developers
>>  wanted, as there are already interesting features:
>>
>>   - new status icon api
>>   - using threads for page rendering when printing
>>   - the new invisible char handling
>>

> Also:
>  - GtkEntry can show progress (think olpc's or safari's url bar)
>  - GtkEntry can now show icons, think libsexy's widget

Dont forget natively buildable menus, pretty much closing any
remaining blockers on supporting builder format (GtkBuilder), also
the ability to parse pango attributes on GtkLabel directly (allowing
translatable strings without markup to have fancy pango sugar).

Nice, I'm going to do my best to pump out some nice editing magic
for the new GtkEntry features from Glade, and I'll see if I cant squeeze in
some pango attribute support on other widgets than just label
(I guess we can set attributes on entries too... not sure what else...)

Cheers,
              -Tristan