Move intltool to External Deps from Dev Platform
- From: Rodney Dawes <dobey gnome org>
- To: Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Move intltool to External Deps from Dev Platform
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:48:30 -0500
I would like to propose that we remove intltool from the Developer
Platform module set, and place it in External Dependencies. As
intltool is a build tool, rather than a library, and is meant to
be useful outside the scope of GNOME. The project web page and
mailing list are hosted on FreeDesktop, though the mailing list is
basically a spam dump at this point.
As intltool is a generic build tool, it is meant to be used by more
projects than just GNOME, and I would like to start furthering that
ideology. There is currently interest in possibly using intltool for
translatable resources in WINE as well. I think it makes more sense
as an external dep, than as part of the platform modules.
What do you think?
] [Thread Prev