Re: Sound effects
- From: Karl Lattimer <karl qdh org uk>
- To: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>
- Cc: Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Sound effects
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:54:58 +0000
On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 12:51 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> >>> Arguably, these sounds are application specific.
> >>> The application should provide what sounds it needs.
> >> Which is why after more than 10 years of GNOME, I have 2 packages
> >> providing custom sounds, libgnome, and gossip (check
> >> your /etc/sound/events/ and prove me wrong).
> > And this is proof that the sound theme works, or that people don't use
> > the sounds?
> This is the proof that programmers are not skilled enough to record
> sounds (or draw icons or even knit for that matter).
I can knit! it's like knit one drop one knit one pearl one... I can also
draw icons and write code... so ner ner :)
Doubt I could create decent sounds though.
] [Thread Prev