Re: Reduced Bugzilla functionality for 6+ months -- acceptable?

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 11:31:28AM -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> One question I'd have: are there any steps that can be/will be taken
> to minimize the pain during the inevitable next upgrade? Commitment to
> getting changes upstream, use of DVCS, etc.? Getting back to trunk

Upstream: I'll check again. I wanted to have as much upstream as
possible, but seems our BGO diff is a bit large and it would take even
longer to push things upstream. As the external party is paid, there is
a limitation on what can be done (would get too expensive).

Due to non-agreement yet the external party is private for now, so I'll
try and provide more concrete answers when I get them.

DVCS: Upstream uses CVS. There is a Bzr mirror, not sure how to use that
effectively. ATM most of the problems are caused by combination of
 * lots of differences
 * lots of changes upstream (don't see how a DVCS would make things any
   easier with 2.20 -> 3.2 ... but for future should be a good idea)

> bugzilla is a good goal and worth sacrificing features for, but it
> would be terrific if we could both stay near trunk and add new
> features without going through this whole painful cycle again next
> time we decide to upgrade.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]